October 16: Buhari, Govs, Ministers, others to Grace Fayemi's Inauguration
President Muhammad Buhari will lead top dignitaries, including State Govenors, Ministers, military and paramilitary top leaders, party leaders and several other members of the society to grace the inauguration ceremony of the incoming governor, Kayode Fayemi.
The event Is stated for Tuesday 16th of October, 2018 and it will take place at the Ekiti Parapo Pavilion, along the new Iyin road In Ado-Ekiti, the State capital.
This revelation was made today, Wednesday, 10th of October, 2018 at AB Hotels, Adebayo in Ado-Ekiti, by the Chairman, media and publicity sub committee of the Inauguration Committee Mr Yinka Oyebode during a press conference heralding the inauguration ceremonies for Kayode Fayemi as the sixth elected governor of Ekiti State.
It was also made known to pressmen during the question and answer segment that the outgoing administration of Ayo Fayose and several other former governors were sent invitation letters to the inauguration ceremony.
Activities outlined as part of the inauguration ceremony of the new governor as announced by the inauguration committee are as follows:
• Inauguration Lecture/Book Presentation/Photo Exhibition and Award of prizes to winners of the JKF Inauguration Essay Competition on Monday October 15, in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital. The title of the essay competition is “Reclaiming Our land, restoring or values: My Ekiti Dream”.
The Guest Lecturer is Prof Niyi Osundare.
• On October 16, the new governor and his deputy will be sworn in by the Chief judge of Ekiti State at the Ekitiparapo Pavilion along new Iyin Road, Ado-Ekiti. Reception takes place at the same venue after the swearing in ceremony.
• On Wednesday October 17, there will be Town Hall meeting in Ekiti North Senatorial District holding at Odo Udo Primary School grounds, Ojido Road, Ido-Ekiti in the morning, while on same day, Ekiti South Senatorial Town Hall meeting holds at Ereja Park (round-about) in the afternoon.
• An inter-faith thanksgiving service holds in the morning of Thursday October 18 in Ado-Ekiti, to be followed by Ekiti Central Senatorial District Town Hall meeting in the afternoon at Aramoko Motor Park, Aramoko-Ekiti.
• On October Friday 19, the thanksgiving Jumat Service holds at the Central Mosque, Ado-Ekiti.
• On Saturday October 20, Ekiti Arts, Culture and Talent Fair holds at Ekitiparapo Pavilion along New Iyin Road, Ado-Ekiti.
• Thanksgiving service holds on Sunday, October 21, at St Patrick's Catholic Cathedral Church, Old Motor Park, Ado-Ekiti, while a civic reception will take place at the Eyitayo Lodge, Isan-Ekiti country home of the new governor.
It was then announced that every member of the public Is invited to this epoch making and historical event as, "This event marks the beginning of the new order in the reclaiming of Ekiti land and restoring her values.
"It is also significant in calling attention to the transformation that will emerge from Fayemi's administration that will take effect from October 16, 2018", Oyebode said.