JOB UPDATE: A Site Inspector Needed, Apply Now!
Position: Site Inspector(3 positions - 1 per State)
Category: Junior Non Key Expert (JNKE)
Duration: 1 Year (renewable)
Submission date: 2 weeks from date of publication
The Federal Republic of Nigeria entered into an Agreement with the European Union for a project, Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme III (WSSSRP III).This project aims to address the issue of poor access to safe water supply and basic sanitation services in urban areas and small towns in the three participating States of Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau. It focuses on improving water governance (water policies, laws and institutional framework) and access to service delivery in these States.
The Technical Assistance Team (TAT) led by Hulla& Co Human Dynamics KG has been contracted to provide technical support to the National Authorizing Officer (NAO) and European Union Delegation in Nigeria (EUD) in the procurement of works contract for the rehabilitation and construction of water supply schemes/dams in the 3 participating states. The Tender process has been finalised and contracts awarded to successful contractors to commence the works. The contractors, once contracted by the NAO, will commence rehabilitation and construction (measures) of the water schemes in the 6 selected LGAs in the 3 participating states – Adamawa State (Mubi South and Furore LGAs), Ekiti State (Gbonyin and Ekiti West LGAs) and Plateau State (Riyom and Shendam LGAs).
The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla& Co Human Dynamics KG)is seeking the services of qualified Site Inspectors who will provide technical expertise in the contract management and supervision of the works contract under the European Union supported Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III) Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states. The water works contract management and supervision will be conducted in the selected small towns in the 6 selected LGAs in the 3 participating states – Adamawa State (Mubi South and Furore LGAs), Ekiti State (Gbonyin and Ekiti West LGAs) and Plateau State (Riyom and Shendam LGAs).
2. Scope of work
The JNKE Site Inspectors will perform supervision over the implementation of all Contractor's activities and ensure their compliance with the terms of the Works Contract, quality requirements and main design, from the conclusion of the contract to technical inspection, including preparation of the takeover certificate and takeover record.
3. Required profile of the expert
Education and skills
• University degree and/or vocational education degree in the fields of Civil Engineering;
• Registered member of Council For The Regulation Of Engineering In Nigeria (COREN);
• Excellent writing and reporting skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Fluency in English;
• Computer skills – MS office
• Computer skills –AutoCad would be an asset.
General professional experience
• A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in the field of engineering;
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects;
• Work experience in Nigeria.
Specific professional experience:
• At least 3 years' experience in projects related to water rehabilitation/ improvement in urban areas/small towns (civil, electrical, mechanical works and installation of equipment);
• Experience in supervision of water works contracts in urban and small towns;
• Experience with implementation of CLTS approach will be an advantage;
• Experience in the use of AutoCAD will be an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks of this publicationCopy: Team Leader, WSSSRP III, E-mail: email@example.com