JOB UPDATE: A Resident Engineer Needed, Apply Now!
Position: Resident Engineer (3 positions - 1 per State)
Category: Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE)
Location: Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States
Duration: 1 Year (renewable)
Submission date: 2 weeks from date of publication
The Federal Republic of Nigeria entered into an Agreement with the European Union for a project, Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme III (WSSSRP III) This project aims to address the issue of poor access to safe water supply and basic sanitation services in urban areas and small towns in the three participating States of Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau. It focuses on improving water governance (water policies, laws and institutional framework) and access to service delivery in these States.
The Technical Assistance Team (TAT) led by Hulla& Co Human Dynamics KG has been contracted to provide technical support to the National Authorizing Officer (NAO) and European Union Delegation in Nigeria (EUD) in the procurement of works contract for the rehabilitation and construction of water supply schemes/dams in the 3 participating states. The Tender process has been finalised and contracts awarded to successful contractors to commence the works. The contractors, once contracted by the NAO, will commence rehabilitation and construction (measures) of the water schemes in the 6 selected LGAs in the 3 participating states – Adamawa State (Mubi South and Furore LGAs), Ekiti State (Gbonyin and Ekiti West LGAs) and Plateau State (Riyom and Shendam LGAs).
The Technical Assistance Team (Hulla& Co Human Dynamics KG)is seeking the services of qualified Resident Engineers who will provide technical expertise in the contract management and supervision of the works contract under the European Union supported Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRP III) Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau states. The water works contract management and supervision will be conducted in the selected small towns in the 6 selected LGAs in the 3 participating states – Adamawa State (Mubi South and Furore LGAs), Ekiti State (Gbonyin and Ekiti West LGAs) and Plateau State (Riyom and Shendam LGAs).
2. Scope of work
The SNKE Resident Engineers will perform supervision over the implementation of all Contractor's activities and ensure their compliance with the terms of the Works Contract, quality requirements and main design, from the conclusion of the contract to technical inspection, including preparation of the takeover certificate and takeover record.
3. Required profile of the expert
Education and skills
· Master degree in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields.
· In the absence of a Master degree, 10 years’ relevant experience in addition to the general experience required;
· Registered member of Council for the Regulation of Engineering In Nigeria (COREN);
· Knowledge of applicable procurement rules (specifically for works) and PCM methodology;
· Fluency in English; Computer skills – MS office.
General professional experience
· A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in engineering;
· A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects;
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa; especially in Nigeria.
Specific professional experience:
· At least 5 years' experience in relevant projects related to water rehabilitation/ improvement in urban areas/small towns (civil, electrical, mechanical works and installation of equipment);
· At least 3 years’ experience in leading teams;
· At least 3 years’ experience in supervision and or design of water works contracts in urban and small towns;
· Experience with regard to feasibility planning, detailed designs, contract management and operation of water supply and sewerage systems;
· Experience in reviewing technical specifications;
· Experience in structural and civil engineering of water works, electrical engineering and/or quantity surveying.
· Experience in water supply network construction will be an added advantage;
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks of this publication
Copy: Team Leader, WSSSRP III, E-mail: email@example.com,